- Summer is just around the corner and the Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center has a great deal to beat the heat and get in shape. It's our Summer Swim Special* - For just $90, you'll get access to all the fun features and amenities the SRAC has to offer for three ...
- **Registration starts April 1, 2013!** It's that time again! Time to register your child or children for one of the most popular summer camps in Johnston County! This year we're offering another eight weeks of art, swimming, sports and outdoor fun from 8:30am until 4:30pm each day. Click on the flyer for ...
- SRAC is pleased to offer swim lessons for children 6 months to 3 years of age on Saturdays. The next session runs April 2 - May 11 and starts at 9:00am each Saturday. To register, click and print the form below and return it with payment to the Smithfield Recreation and ...
- Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center is offering the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training class. Participants must be at least 15 years old to participate. Complete details can be found on the flyer. If you are interested in participating, please complete the registration form below and return it to the SRAC with ...
- SRAC is offering a swimming stroke clinic for children 5-18 years old. The sessions take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Participants must be able to swim 25 yards freestyle and backstroke. Session #1 - February 5-28 (8 sessions) 10 & under - 6:00pm - 6:45pm 11 and up - 6:45pm - 7:30pm Session #2 ...
- SRAC is offering Saturday swimming lessons for children 3-12 years old. Session #1: February 2-23 (4 sessions) 8:30am 9:15am 10:00am Session #2 March 2-23 (4 sessions) 8:30am 9:15am 10:00am Session #3 April 7-27 (4 sessions) 8:30am 9:15am 10:00am Cost: $40 Smithfield residents $50 Non-Smithfield residents For more information or to register, drop by the SRAC or call 919-934-1408. Or email Laura Crumpler ...
- 18 sessions - 18 opportunities for kids to learn about the wonderful world around them! Ages: 3-5 (with an adult) Fee: $4.00 - Smithfield Resident $6.00 - Non-Smithfield Resident (Fee applies to each child participating) Please call the SRAC staff at (919) 934-1408 to pre-register for each session you wish to attend. This hands-on class ...
- Have you ever thought about taking a pottery class, but didn't know how or where to start? Begin your 2013 learning the art of handbuilding and/or wheel throwing. Class #1 - Pottery Beginning Handbuilding Class This class is designed for students interested in creating pottery without using the wheel. Through a combination ...
Doodlebugs Classes Every Friday, 9:30am-10:15amDoodlebugs Art Class ( Ages 18 months-3 years old) This 45 min. Class introduces your child to all mediums of art! Dribble, drip squish and squeeze, your way to fun while experimenting with dough, paper, watercolors, glue, and much, much more! Watch your young artist blossom! One child per adult please. Pre-registration is required. $5/class ...
Splash Park Winter Hours 2012SRAC Splash Park Fall-Winter Hours, 2012 Monday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Tuesday: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Wednesday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Thursday: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Friday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Saturday: ...
A Special Thanks to our Event Sponsors:
What is the Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center (SRAC)?
The Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center is a joint venture between the Town of Smithfield and Johnston County Schools.
Does the community have access to the SRAC?
Absolutely! Complete access to pools, fitness center, racquetball, group fitness, etc…
What does the SRAC offer?
- 8-lane Competition Swimming Pool
- Children’s Play Pool
- Group Fitness/Aerobics Room
- Indoor Track
- Banquet Room
- 2 Racquetball Courts
- Concession Area
- Double Gymnasium
- Locker Rooms
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Strength Training Room
- Programs: Arts and Crafts, Personal Training,
- Fitness Room
- Birthday Parties,
- Aquatics programs,
- Seniors’ activities and much more.
How much does the SRAC cost?
The SRAC is an annual membership based facility with affordable rates for everyone. For more information call (919) 934-1408 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Why is there a membership fee?
All usage and rental fees will be used to help operate and maintain the center on an annual basis.
What are the benefits of membership?
Free fitness classes
Free lap and recreational swimming
Free access for your children
Free use of open gym
Member discounts for swim lessons, birthday parties and many more…
How do I sign-up?
All membership agreements must be filled out and submitted in person at the SRAC.
Do I have to be a member to use the SRAC?
No! The SRAC encourages its members to bring guests. However, guests will be required to pay a daily visit pass. Remember, members receive discounts on programs and services.
What are the hours of operation?
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 am to 9:00 pm
Friday: 5:30 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
What hours are the pools open?
The pools will be open approximately the same hours of operation except close 30 minutes prior to facility closing.
Do you offer a sitter service/child care?
A playroom service will be offered for children 6 months to 11 years of age to members of the SRAC. There will be a daily time limit of 1.5 hours per day/per child. Parents must remain at the SRAC facility while children are in childcare area.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 11:00 am & 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturdays 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Will you offer fitness classes in the Pool?
Fitness classes are scheduled a minimal of one month in advance. All you have to do is show up to the scheduled fitness class. Group fitness classes will be included in your membership fee.
What are the age policies for the SRAC?
You must be 12 years of age and older to be a member at the SRAC. SRAC participants age 12-13 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian while utilizing the fitness room. Participants 11 years of age and younger are not permitted to use the Fitness Center.
Do you have locker facilities?
Yes! There are approximately 150 lockers available for daily use and rental. Lockers may be rented annual as paid in full for the year or on a monthly draft via Checking Account or MasterCard/Visa.
Do you offer towel service?
Locker room amenities including bath towels, sweat towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotions, hair dryers, etc. will be provided daily. There will be a $9.00 annual amenities fee for SRAC members.
Where is the SRAC located?
The SRAC is located at 600 Booker Dairy Road in Smithfield, North Carolina between the Smithfield Community Park and SSS High School.
View Larger Map
If I have other questions, whom should I contact?
Please call (919) 934-1408.