- The SRAC pool will be closed on the following dates: Saturday, November 16th – 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Thursday, November 21st – 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM Thursday, December 5th - 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM Wednesday, December 11th - 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM Thursday, December 19th - 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM Friday, ...
- Come join the party as Shelby P. leads our new, weekly Zumba class every SATURDAY, at 8:00am in the group fitness room. This new weekly class starts on October 5th, so mark your calendars and set your alarms to start your Saturday with a Zumba Fitness party!
- If you're looking for Zumba in the Smithfield/Clayton area of Johnston County, you'll be happy to know that we're adding Monday classes starting Monday, September 9th! Join Shelby as she kicks off the best part of your day with the Latin-inspired, calorie-burning, easy-to-follow dance fitness party. Whether it's your first Zumba ...
- Kids in Nature is back at the SRAC. Kids 3-5 years old (accompanied by an adult) are welcome to come explore nature with a different hands-on theme each week. Participants will hike, create, experiment and learn about the world around them. Please call to pre-register your child(ren). Price: $4.00 per child (Smithfield resident) $6.00 ...
- The pool and splash park hours have changed for the season - new hours are as follows: SRAC Splash Park Winter Hours, 2013-2014 Monday: 10:00 am – 12:00pm and 4:00pm - 8:00pm Wednesday: 10:00 am – 12:00pm Friday: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 4:00pm - 8:00pm Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm Sunday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm SRAC Pool Winter ...
- As of July 1, 2013 our daily admission fees are: Children 2 and under: Resident: FREE Non-resident: FREE Youth 3-17 years old: Resident: $4.00 Non-resident: $7.00 Adult 18-58 years old: Resident: $6.00 Non-resident: $10.00 Seniors 59+: Resident: $4.00 Non-resident: $7.00 Please be prepared to present your drivers license prior to signing into the center. Thank you!
- Have you ever thought about taking a pottery class, but didn't know how or where to start? Begin your 2013 learning the art of handbuilding and/or wheel throwing. Class #1 - Pottery Beginning Handbuilding Class This class is designed for students interested in creating pottery without using the wheel. Through a combination ...
Doodlebugs Classes Every Friday, 9:30am-10:15amDoodlebugs Art Class ( Ages 18 months-3 years old) This 45 min. Class introduces your child to all mediums of art! Dribble, drip squish and squeeze, your way to fun while experimenting with dough, paper, watercolors, glue, and much, much more! Watch your young artist blossom! One child per adult please. Pre-registration is required. $5/class ...
A Special Thanks to our Event Sponsors:
What is the Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center (SRAC)?
The Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center is a joint venture between the Town of Smithfield and Johnston County Schools.
Does the community have access to the SRAC?
Absolutely! Complete access to pools, fitness center, racquetball, group fitness, etc…
What does the SRAC offer?
- 8-lane Competition Swimming Pool
- Children’s Play Pool
- Group Fitness/Aerobics Room
- Indoor Track
- Banquet Room
- 2 Racquetball Courts
- Concession Area
- Double Gymnasium
- Locker Rooms
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Strength Training Room
- Programs: Arts and Crafts, Personal Training,
- Fitness Room
- Birthday Parties,
- Aquatics programs,
- Seniors’ activities and much more.
How much does the SRAC cost?
The SRAC is an annual membership based facility with affordable rates for everyone. For more information call (919) 934-1408 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is there a membership fee?
All usage and rental fees will be used to help operate and maintain the center on an annual basis.
What are the benefits of membership?
Free fitness classes
Free lap and recreational swimming
Free access for your children
Free use of open gym
Member discounts for swim lessons, birthday parties and many more…
How do I sign-up?
All membership agreements must be filled out and submitted in person at the SRAC.
Do I have to be a member to use the SRAC?
No! The SRAC encourages its members to bring guests. However, guests will be required to pay a daily visit pass. Remember, members receive discounts on programs and services.
What are the hours of operation?
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 am to 9:00 pm
Friday: 5:30 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
What hours are the pools open?
The pools will be open approximately the same hours of operation except close 30 minutes prior to facility closing.
Do you offer a sitter service/child care?
A playroom service will be offered for children 6 months to 11 years of age to members of the SRAC. There will be a daily time limit of 1.5 hours per day/per child. Parents must remain at the SRAC facility while children are in childcare area.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 11:00 am & 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturdays 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Will you offer fitness classes in the Pool?
Fitness classes are scheduled a minimal of one month in advance. All you have to do is show up to the scheduled fitness class. Group fitness classes will be included in your membership fee.
What are the age policies for the SRAC?
You must be 12 years of age and older to be a member at the SRAC. SRAC participants age 12-13 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian while utilizing the fitness room. Participants 11 years of age and younger are not permitted to use the Fitness Center.
Do you have locker facilities?
Yes! There are approximately 150 lockers available for daily use and rental. Lockers may be rented annual as paid in full for the year or on a monthly draft via Checking Account or MasterCard/Visa.
Do you offer towel service?
Locker room amenities including bath towels, sweat towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotions, hair dryers, etc. will be provided daily. There will be a $9.00 annual amenities fee for SRAC members.
I’ve signed up my child for a SRAC/Smithfield Parks and Recreation program/lessons and I need to cancel. Is there a fee?
There will be a $10 administrative fee charged if you cancel out of a program, lesson or rental. If the program, lesson or rental is canceled by SRAC or Parks and Recreation, you will not be charged the administrative fee.
Where is the SRAC located?
The SRAC is located at 600 Booker Dairy Road in Smithfield, North Carolina between the Smithfield Community Park and SSS High School.
View Larger Map
If I have other questions, whom should I contact?
Please call (919) 934-1408.