- Friday, March 14, 2014 - Come join us from 5:30pm - 7:30pm - we'll be hunting leprechauns and maybe, just maybe, you'll find their pot o' gold! We'll be offering half-off day passes starting at 5pm on this day.
- Our track trail is officially open! The sign is up and brochures are out. Sign your child up at the Kids in Park website. Track their hikes and they will get some cool prizes. Check out the website to find out where other trails are in NC and other states. The Kids ...
- We want your input!! We're gathering feedback for the Inclusion Playground and the Miracle League Field. Have your voice be heard regarding this important local project. The survey takes about 5 minutes. We appreciate your participation. You can find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WZKZSLS
- Kids in Nature is back at the SRAC. Kids 3-5 years old (accompanied by an adult) are welcome to come explore nature with a different hands-on theme each week. Participants will hike, create, experiment and learn about the world around them. Please call to pre-register your child(ren). Price: $4.00 per child (Smithfield resident) $6.00 ...
- The pool and splash park hours have changed for the season - new hours are as follows: SRAC Splash Park Winter Hours, 2013-2014 Monday: 10:00 am – 12:00pm and 4:00pm - 8:00pm Wednesday: 10:00 am – 12:00pm Friday: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 4:00pm - 8:00pm Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm Sunday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm SRAC Pool Winter ...
- As of July 1, 2013 our daily admission fees are: Children 2 and under: Resident: FREE Non-resident: FREE Youth 3-17 years old: Resident: $4.00 Non-resident: $7.00 Adult 18-58 years old: Resident: $6.00 Non-resident: $10.00 Seniors 59+: Resident: $4.00 Non-resident: $7.00 Please be prepared to present your drivers license prior to signing into the center. Thank you!
Doodlebugs Classes Every Friday, 9:30am-10:15amDoodlebugs Art Class ( Ages 18 months-3 years old) This 45 min. Class introduces your child to all mediums of art! Dribble, drip squish and squeeze, your way to fun while experimenting with dough, paper, watercolors, glue, and much, much more! Watch your young artist blossom! One child per adult please. Pre-registration is required. $5/class ...
A Special Thanks to our Event Sponsors:
The following documents outline the policies of the Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center (SRAC).
The Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics Center (SRAC) is intended to ensure access to recreational and aquatics programs and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, ethnic origin or ability.
Children 11 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent, grand parent or legal guardian at all times while utilizing the SRAC.
All members must present their membership key tags for daily admittance to the SRAC.
All non-members may enter the SRAC by purchasing a punch card or by paying the daily admission fee.
All recreation and program participants, spectators of Smithfield Parks & Recreation (SPRD) sponsored athletic leagues, support staff or facility renters along with invited guests may enter the SRAC facility free of charge. However, these individuals are restricted to the area of the facility associated with their attendance.
CODE OF CONDUCT
No person shall conduct themselves in a disorderly conduct or obscene manner or commit any nuisance upon the grounds of any parks and recreation area. Any spectator, coach, or participant who conducts themselves in a disorderly manner as described above may be asked to leave the premises immediately.
The Town of Smithfield, SPRD and SRAC reserves the right to cancel or delay programs and services due to inclement weather. Area radio and TV stations will be contacted.
SPRD and SRAC reserve the right to photograph program participants for publicity purposes.
LOST AND FOUND
The Town of Smithfield and SRAC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Each member/guest takes full responsibility of securing items either in or around SRAC facilities. All items turned in to the Lost and Found at the Reception Desk will be held for a maximum of two weeks. After such time they will be removed.
Individuals with special needs are encouraged to utilize programs and services. Please let us know of any assistance you may need in advance of participation. Contact the Recreation Center Supervisor at (919) 934-1408.
RETURNED CHECK POLICY
A service charge of $25.00 will be applied for each check or returned EFT transaction for insufficient funds or closed accounts. Payment for returned checks or EFT payments will be accepted in cash only. Members and/or guests utilizing the SRAC with
outstanding balances due to returned check or EFT transactions will be prohibited from renting facilities and participating or registering for SPRD and SRAC programs and services.
In the event the Town of Smithfield, SPRD or SRAC cancels or adjusts a program as to time, date, or place, a credit will be issued for future use, or you may request a full refund in writing. Requests for refunds on programs and services must be submitted to the Recreation Center Supervisor at a minimum of 5 days prior to program/service beginning. If requests are submitted after 5 days prior to programs/service beginning, the Recreation Center Supervisor at sole discretion may issue a credit or registration transfer for future programs and services. Refunds take approximately 2 weeks to process.
CANCELLATION OF PROGRAM/LESSONS/RENTAL
There will be a $10 administrative fee charged for each person who cancels out of a program/lesson/rental. If the program/lesson/rental is canceled by SRAC or Parks and Recreation, the administrative fee will not be charged.